Material that I own the copyright for is being distributed using Maneso resources without my permission. How do I submit a Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) notice to Maneso?
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) is the United States law governing claims that copyright-protected material is being distributed online.
If you believe that Maneso resources are being used to host or distribute copyrighted material that you own the copyright for without your permission, first consider whether there is an exception to copyright that applies in this case (such as fair use). If after considering this you still want to make a copyright complaint, you can reach out directly to the site operator using the contact details provided on the site. Or, to submit a DMCA notice to Maneso, follow the steps outlined below. Remember that only the copyright owner or their authorized representative can file a report of copyright infringement.
Steps to submit a DMCA notice to Maneso
Gather the documentation described at Notice and procedure for making claims of copyright infringement.
NOTICE AND PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our copyright agent the written information specified below. Please note that this procedure is exclusively for notifying Maneso that your copyrighted material has been infringed.
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed upon;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site;
- Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Send the information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What happens next?
If we have questions about your notice, we’ll email you asking for more information. We request that you respond to our email so that we can continue looking into your report.
Maneso terminates the accounts of infringers in appropriate circumstances.